Raceflux PTFE Custom Racing Hose Assembly, -4AN
Introducing Raceflux's built-to-spec hose assemblies!
Raceflux's lightweight braided hose and performance hose-end fittings are now available in fully-customizable assemblies to meet all of your fluid control needs. Each custom hose assembly is built in house to your exact specifications. Most assemblies will have a turnaround time of 1-2 business days. All custom assemblies are backed by Raceflux's Lifetime Warranty. Use the drop-down table to choose hose lengths, fitting variants and optional silicone heat-shield sleeve.
Please note all custom assemblies are NON-RETURNABLE, so it's important to take your time to carefully measure and plan each custom hose assembly. Hose assemblies are measured from collar to collar, as shown in the figure below. Always add a few inches to the measured length to allow for flex, or the hose may fail.
RaceFlux Stainless Steel Braided PTFE Hose
PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene, also known by the brand name Teflon) is highly compatible with all automotive fluids and has a very wide operating temperature range. Although less flexible than rubber hose, it is more robust and will not allow fluids to permeate through the inner bore. RaceFlux's PTFE hose is constructed from smooth bore extruded PTFE with a stainless steel single wire braid. For use with RaceFlux PTFE AN hose end fittings and other brand traditional PTFE AN hose end fittings.
RaceFlux PTFE AN Hose End Fittings
RaceFlux's aluminum PTFE AN hose end fittings are designed specifically for use in motor sports where maximum fluid flow and reliability are paramount. The fittings are reusable and their black anodized finish offers a fresh, stealthier look over traditional red and blue fittings.
RaceFlux Fire-Retardant Silicone Fiberglass Hose Sleeve
RaceFlux fire-retardant silicone fiberglass sleeving is designed to protect hoses, wires and cables from intense heat and flame at continuous temperatures up to 500°F and intermittent temperatures up to 3,000°F. This type of sleeving is commonly used in aerospace and motorsport applications to protect critical components in the event of an engine compartment fire.
Use this sleeve on any hoses that run close to engine headers or exhaust. The high abrasion resistance of silicone also makes this sleeve suitable for protecting its contents from abrasion.
RaceFlux's silicone sleeve is extremely flexible, non-conductive, and will not melt or become brittle with time. In the event of direct exposure to flame, the external silicone layer transforms into a protective, non-flammable silica (SiO2) coating while the fiberglass inner layer provides insulation from radiant heat.
Features and Technical Specs
Raceflux Stainless Steel Braided PTFE Hose
- Stainless steel single wire braid, naturally colored
- Smooth bore extruded PTFE construction
- -100°F (-73°C) to 450°F (232°C) operating temperature
- 1,000 PSI max operating pressure
- Compatible with all automotive fluids, including corrosive fluids
- 0.19" ID, 0.30" OD
RaceFlux AN Swivel Seal Hose End Fittings
- Fitting in industry standard AN / JIC flared 37-degree sealing surface
- Double-swivel seal for easy installation and re-clocking of lines
- Lightweight black anodized aluminum construction
Heat Shielding Sleeve
- Operating Temperatures:
- -65°F (-54°C) minimum continuous
- 500°F (260°C) maximum continuous
- 2,000°F (1,090°C) intermittent 15-20 minutes
- 3,000°F (1,650°C) intermittent 15-30 seconds
- Abrasion resistance: excellent
- Chemical resistance*:
- Aromatic Solvents - 1
- Alipahtic Solvents - 1
- Chlorinated Solvents - 1
- Weak Bases - 1
- Strong Bases - 1
- Salt Water - 1
- Hydraulic Fluid (MIL-H-5606) - 1
- Lubricating Oil (MIL-A-8243) - 1
- De-Icing Fluid (MILA-8243) - 1
- Strong Acids - 2
- Strong Oxidants - 2
- Esters/Keytones - 1
- UV Light - 1
- Petroleum - 1
- Fungus (ASTM G-21) - 1
- Salts - 1
* Key (1) No Effect, (2) Little Effect, (3) Affected, (4) More Affected, (5) Severely Affected
|Drop Ship Item||No|
|Special Order Item||No|
- Adel Cushioned Mounting Clamps for AN Hose and Tubing
Starting at $0.89
- Adel High Temp Cushioned Mounting Clamps for AN Hose and Tubing
Starting at $1.89